There has never been a better time to join The Lygon Arms (now part of Iconic Luxury Hotels). As part of our ongoing commitment to ensuring that every guest wants to return, we are recruiting for a Hotel Duty Manager to play a lead role in ensuring that our hotel, the team, and our guests are taken care off, by ensuring that we provide excellent and personalised guest experience to all guests, going above and beyond to exceed expectations at every opportunity.
- Lead and engage with all departments to facilitate an effortless experience for our guests
- Seek out opportunities to exceed our guest's expectations at all touch points of their journey
- Make bold decisions, keep it simple and execute these perfectly
- Own and accept responsibility for the resolution of all challenges and enquiries directed to me by Guests and team members whether resolved personally or with assistance, liaising with the relevant HOD’s and Senior Management team if required
- Ensure that all monies accrued during service are accounted for and that all relevant paperwork has been completed correctly and signed accordingly
- Support the front of house team with group and individual arrivals, room allocations, and concierge requests
- Build a rapport with guests, seeking out and embracing opportunities to exceed their expectations
- To fully tour the building throughout each shift and rectify/report any challenges found
- Adhere to all Health & Safety/Food Hygiene regulations within the workplace as per the law and company policy and procedure and to ensure that my team abide by the same.
- Continually flag and raise issues/improved ways of working and possible solutions to area managers.
- Deliver effective handovers, reporting the days’ events and other relevant information for Hotel Management team.
THIS PERFORMANCE ROLE GUIDE IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE, NOR IS IT MEANT TO BE. ADDITIONAL ITEMS MAY BE INTRODUCED WHERE NECESSARY.
Our successful candidate will have hotel management experience and will be knowledgeable and passionate about delivering an exceptionally high standard of service. Their energy and excitement about The Lygon Arms and what we are trying to achieve will be infectious to our guests and team.
The Lygon Arms is one of the country’s oldest and most historic Coaching Inns. It is the centerpiece of the archetypal Cotswolds’ village of Broadway where it has been a constant presence for over 600 years. Rich in history and charm, our luxury Coaching Inn is also an international-standard hotel with an enviable reputation for the finest cuisine and the best of 20th-century comforts. In 2017, The Lygon Arms showcased an extensive multi-phase renovation, including public areas, restaurants, and a spa & leisure club. This multi-million-pound renovation maintained the deeply rooted history of the hotel while also enhancing the property for the modern-day traveler. But we think it is our employees that make us so special
This role is a 48 hour per week contract working five days out of seven including evenings and weekends and reports to the Deputy General Manager.
Live in opportunities available.
If you would like to be considered for a role at The Lygon Arms, please forward a copy of your CV to Francesca.
Francesca Pyke – HR Manager / Tel: 01386 854 430 / Email: email@example.com
The Lygon Arms is an equal opportunities employer committed to employing a diverse workforce.