There has never been a better time to join The Lygon Arms (now part of Iconic Luxury Hotels), following the recent completion of our full hotel refurbishment.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Reception host to join our team and help us provide a personalised and charming experience to all our guests and visitors.
Reception Host – Your Responsibilities:
- Undertake duties of Reception/cashiering and reservations, making sure that the Reception department is efficient and profitable.
- Ensure the wellbeing, satisfaction and comfort of all guests and to establish a highly personalised style of service and attention to guests in keeping with the atmosphere of a luxury country hotel.
- Create and embrace opportunities to exceed our guests expectations
- Anticipate and react to guests needs, act promptly and with a sense of urgency to all written and spoken requests and carry these out in a courteous and helpful manner
- To take ownership to resolve any guest complaints and to know when to escalate to your manager for resolution.
- Be fully conversant and able to operate the hotels front office systems
- To be responsible for all monies in your care
- Operate hotel switchboard and deal with internal and external calls according to procedure
- To be able to demonstrate knowledge of the local area regarding history, places of interest and special events and where further information can be obtained
- Develop, nurture and maintain good working relationships with all departments in the hotel and provide support when required
Our successful candidate will have previous experience within a hotel guest facing position and have an outgoing personality and excellent communication skills. They will be able to demonstrate a true passion for exceeding guests expectations and adhering to company standards and procedures.
The role is 160 hours per 4 week period covering 5 days out of 7 including evenings and weekends, reporting in to the Front of House Manager.
Salary disclosed on application.