We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Reception Host with a passion for hospitality and a commitment towards the delivery of high standards of service. You will be responsible for providing a personalised, charming and attentive service experience to all our guests and visitors to ensure guest satisfaction.
- To be fully conversant with the facilities, services and special promotions offered by the hotel and to pass this information on to the guest whenever the possibility arises in order to maximize hotel sales
- Provide a hospitable and professional service to the standards laid down by the company
- Anticipate and react to guests needs, act promptly and with a sense of urgency to all written and spoken requests and carry these out in a courteous and helpful manner
- To take action to resolve any guest complaint and to know when to escalate to your manager for resolution.
- Be fully conversant and able to operate the hotels front office systems
- Ensure all charges are posted correctly to guest bills following standard procedures
- Be aware of hotel availability and take every opportunity to maximize room sales
- Deal with cash, cheque and credit transactions in accordance with company policy
- Operate hotel switchboard and deal with internal and external calls according to procedure
- Carry out all reception duties as outlined in reception manual
- To be able to demonstrate knowledge of the local area regarding history, places of interest and special events and where further information can be obtained
- Develop, nurture and maintain good working relationships with all departments in the hotel
You will have previous experience in a customer service role and posses excellent communication skills as well as an excellent command of the English language. You will be an ambassador of the hotel expressing true passion for providing a memorable experience to our guests and exceeding their expectations.
The role is 160 hours per 4 week period covering 5 days out of 7 including evenings and weekends, reporting in to the Guest Experience Manager.
If you feel that you have the passion, experience and skills to be the Reception Host at The Lygon Arms Hotel we would like to hear from you.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. As part of the recruitment process, you will be asked to provide documented evidence of eligibility. We are unable to apply for or transfer work visas or UK entry clearance on your behalf.