Demi Chef de Partie (Pastry)
There has never been a better time to join The Lygon Arms (now part of Iconic Luxury Hotels).
The Lygon Arms is the one of the country’s oldest and most historic Coaching Inns. It is the centrepiece of the archetypal Cotswolds’ village of Broadway where it has been a constant presence for over 600 years. Rich in history and charm, our luxury Coahing Inn is also an international-standard hotel with an enviable reputation for the finest cuisine and the best of 20th-century comforts. In 2017,The Lygon Arms showcased an extensive multi-phase renovation, including public areas, restaurants, and a spa & leisure club. This multi-million-pound renovation maintained the deeply rooted history of the hotel while also enhancing the property for the modern-day traveller. But we think it is our employees that make us so special.
We are looking for a Demi Chef de Partie who has a passion for and some experience working with pastry to come and join our incredible and established kitchen brigade, lead by our Head Chef Ales Maurer.
• ·Develop new seasonal deserts for our Grill, Lounges and Wine Bar
• Developing and deliver a bespoke afternoon tea product
• Assist the kitchen management team during service for timing and progress of all dishes
• Be proud, ensuring that the presentation, taste, texture and quantity are going to make our guests want to return, time and time again
• Keep up to date with the latest seasonal menu’s and be agile as we continuously change and evolve our offering
• Adhere to recipes as specified by the Head Chef and the team to ensure quality and consistency
• Work in partnership with the Chef de Partie with reference to possible improvements or challenges in your section
• To ensure by checking that all dishes prepared and presented to specification
• Be a role model our behaviours and values to the rest of the team
• Execute safe working practices at all times, taking ownership to ensure that all appliances, fixtures and fittings are safe and work in accordance with Health & Safety regulations
• To be fully aware of the Hotel’s Fire Safety Procedures and Health & Safety.
Our successful candidate will have a real passion for working with pastry, being a team player and having a great time at work and will be hungry to work within a team that is constantly learning and evolving.
The role is 40 hours per week. 5 days out of 7 including evenings and weekends.
THIS PERFORMANCE ROLE GUIDE IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE, NOR IS IT MEANT TO BE. ADDITIONAL ITEMS MAY BE INTRODUCED WHERE NECESSARY.
Live in opportunity available.
If you would like to be considered for a role at The Lygon Arms, please forward a copy of your CV to Francesca.
Francesca Pyke – HR Manager / Tel: 01386 854 430 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Lygon Arms is an equal opportunities employer committed to employing a diverse workforce.Apply Now