There has never been a better time to join The Lygon Arms (now part of Iconic Luxury Hotels).
Our Lygon Bar & Grill opened in July 2017 as part of the multi-million-pound renovations across The Lygon Arms estate. It has 64 covers and offers an A La Carte menu. Our menu is carefully crafted using locally sourced, fresh produce. The grill offers a seasonal British menu that celebrates fantastic local and fresh ingredients in a relaxed yet imaginative way. The highest-quality produce is at the heart of all dishes and has stemmed from friendly and sustainable relationships with Cotswolds suppliers, farmers, and artisans to produce a varied all-day menu.
This will be including but not limited to; excellent buffet presentation, the order of service; menu, wine and drink recommendations; table layout and standards; as well as excellent guest interaction.
- Supervise the efficient operation of the restaurant and assume the responsibilities of my Managers in their absence.
- Support my Managers to create the environment to enable our guests to have an authentic and relaxed dining experience
- Ensure the team are committed to delivering a seamless service with the finest attention to detail (from uniform to service steps)
- Be a role model to the team and act as a guardian of our standards.
- Communicate effectively delivering team briefs that engage, educate, motivate and set the team up to deliver a seamless shift
- Adhere to all Health & Safety/Food Hygiene regulations within the workplace as per the law and company policy and procedure and to ensure that our team abides by the same, holding to account and supporting my Managers with re-training where necessary.
- Report to my Managers any complaints, incidents, accidents or any other irregularities implementing the complaint handling procedure when/where appropriate
- Deliver effective handovers, reporting the days’ events and other relevant information to the hotel management team.
- Opening and closing procedures for the restaurant are completed in accordance with our hotel procedures
- Maintain momentum and manage our team's performance during the shift to help us achieve our restaurant targets and budget.
The Lygon Arms is one of the country’s oldest and most historic Coaching Inns. It is the centerpiece of the archetypal Cotswolds’ village of Broadway where it has been a constant presence for over 600 years. Rich in history and charm, our luxury Coaching Inn is also an international-standard hotel with an enviable reputation for the finest cuisine and the best of 20th-century comforts. In 2017, The Lygon Arms showcased an extensive multi-phase renovation, including public areas, restaurants, and a spa & leisure club. This multi-million-pound renovation maintained the deeply rooted history of the hotel while also enhancing the property for the modern-day traveler. But we think it is our employees that make us so special.
THIS PERFORMANCE ROLE GUIDE IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE, NOR IS IT MEANT TO BE. ADDITIONAL ITEMS MAY BE INTRODUCED WHERE NECESSARY.
This role is a 40 hour per week contract working five days out of seven including evenings and weekends and reports to the Restaurant Manager.
Staff accommodation available on site.
If you would like to be considered for a role at The Lygon Arms, please forward a copy of your CV to Francesca.
Francesca Pyke – HR Manager / Tel: 01386 854 430 / Email:FPyke@lygonarmshotel.co.uk
The Lygon Arms is an equal opportunities employer committed to employing a diverse workforce.